Last year the pilot project “Preparatory Courses for the integration of refugees and migrants” was launched at the Staatliche Berufliche Oberschule Würzburg. This course prepares young migrants for our regular classes which lead to the Fachabitur (access to a university of applied sciences/polytechnics) or the Abitur (access to university).
Fachabitur (access to a university of applied sciences/polytechnics) or Abitur (access to university)
Minimum requirements for enrolment:
- Proof of proficiency in German (at least level A2 or B1 according to the Common European Frame of References for languages)
- At least 10 years of formal education (Certificate of Intermediate Education/mittlerer Schulabschluss) and/or a completed vocational training.
Information for enrolment
You can find all the information necessary for enrolment at these links:
- Information Sheet – Preparatory Course
- Statement of Interest – Preparatory Course (English)
- Info-Flyer IVK (Deutsch)
- Interessenbekundung IntegrationsVK (Deutsch)
The Preparatory Course focuses primarily on German classes. In addition to that there are lessons in English, Mathematics, Civics and Ethics and a track specific subject (e.g. Physics, Business Administration or Pedagogics etc.). All together there are 36 lessons per week.
The aptitude tests in German, English and Maths will take place on July 11, 2017.